The Crystal Ballroom, operating as the function room for the former Glossop Conservative Club, has been an integral part of Glossop’s community since 1909, regularly accommodating local clubs, musicians, dance schools, performances and parties.
Situated in the heart of Glossop this striking Grade ll listed building notably represents British heritage with it's Welsh slate roof, English millstone grit exterior and imposing body, congratulating late Edwardian architecture.
Previously, in 1838, The Railway Inn pub was built on the same site although this was later demolished in 1909 to make way for the Conservative Club. In 2017 a blue plaque was installed on the front wall to commemorate Glossop’s most prominent historian and archaeologist, Robert Hamnett, who lived at The Railway Inn and went on to become the first steward of the Conservative Club upon it's opening.
Over the decades The Crystal Ballroom has served Glossop well and following an extensive and sympathetic restoration we are delighted to be re-opening the venue to the public once again.